The Grootbos Private Nature Reserve is a five-star eco-paradise showcasing the incredible flora and marine life of the southern tip of Africa. Home of the Marine Big 5 (whales, sharks, dolphins, seals and penguins) and situated in the heart of the Cape Floral Kingdom, Grootbos offers a one-of-a-kind luxury African experience.
Beyond luxury and inspiring experiences, Grootbos is an award-winning pioneer in sustainable tourism, practicing a core philosophy of conservation linked with social development.
Grootbos commissioned DROID to help them increase their direct bookings. They already had a good relationship with the travel industry but were paying substantial commissions to agents. They needed a way of connecting with new audiences and inspiring them to book directly. DROID resolved to completely overhaul their online presence and build a new website to convey the magic of the destination and ultimately turn 'lookers' into 'bookers'.
- Contributed significantly to the market research & data analysis process
- Co-created the brand & marketing strategies
- Assessed incoming marketing opportunities for viability and value
Video is one of the most effective ways of connecting with audiences on an emotional level while imparting large amounts of information, especially at the speed current users scan through content. Together with Wagtale, we created four "hero" videos, informed by the structure of the website, each with a slightly different objective:
- Front-end of the website
- Print ads
- Email sales proposal & press pack
- Stand for tourism trade show
- Wrote the copy for the new website and various other marketing initiatives
- Scripted the online videos (as seen above)
- Edited the communication journey for the automated email response system
- Shot a comprehensive photo library of all aspects of Grootbos, including accommodation, food and experiences